The National Police Defense Foundation is honored to recognize Tony Lo Bianco as its “Man of the Year” in recognition of his lifelong accomplishments as a renowned actor and for his support of the law enforcement and military communities.
His best known film performances are as
- Sal Boca in the 5 Academy Awards winner The French Connection, with Gene Hackman and Roy Scheider; as Ray Fernandez in cult classic
- The Honeymoon Killers; as Peter in God Told Me To
- Bloodbrothers with Richard Gere; City Heat with Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds; Oliver Stone’s Nixon with Anthony Hopkins;
- The Juror with Alec Baldwin and Demi Moore; and F.I.S.T. with Sylvester Stallone, Kill
- The Irishman, alongside Vincent D’Onofrio, Val Kilmer, and Christopher Walken
- The Engagement Ring with Lainie Kazan and Patricia Heaton.
On television, Mr. Lo Bianco starred as
- The undefeated heavyweight champ Rocky Marciano in Marciano,
- Again the remake, The Rocky Marciano Story with George C. Scott and Jon Favreau.
- Marco Polo;
- Franco Zeffirelli’s Jesus of Nazareth with Lawrence Olivier and Anthony Quinn
- Co-starred in La Romana with Gina Lollobrigeda
- The Last Tenant with legendary acting teacher Lee Strasberg.
- Lo Bianco starred in the television series, Police Story and Palace Guard, and co-starred in the television series, Jessie, with Lindsay Wagner.
- He has appeared in episodes of Law & Order; Murder, She Wrote; and numerous two-hour movies of the week.
- As a director, Mr. Lo Bianco directed episodes of television series Police Story, Kaz and several others, and the feature film Too Scared to Scream and is now in the process of writing, and will direct in his new film based on his younger years.
Mr. Lo Bianco served as the National Spokesperson for the Order Sons of Italy. His many humanitarian efforts have earned multiple awards, including the Eleanora Duse Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Performing Arts; Man of the Year for Outstanding Contributions to the Italian-American Community from the Police Society of New Jersey; a Man of the Year Award from the State of New Jersey Senate; a Lifetime Entertainment Award from the Columbus Day Parade Committee; the 1997 Golden Lion Award; and the Humanitarian Award of the Boys’ Town of Italy, and the Ellis Island Medal of honor. He is a member of the Italian American